Wednesday, May 2, 2012

First Field Trip Anyone??? and the Pools of Bethesda

Welcome to my first field trip! Such a great experience! The following pictures will hopefully explain and put into picture what it is I learned. Such exciting times.

This is my class. If you were to ask me I'de say it is the best class ever and definitely the "honors" class. Our teacher is Brother Harper and he is spectacular. One thing that he does while teaching that I really appreciate is that he really questions how we know things. He is teaching us to actually KNOW the scriptures and to ask questions. Such a great concept and way of teaching. 

This would be me with the Judean Wilderness behind me. Running northward is the road to Jericho which is historically known as the possible path that the story of the Good Samaritan took place. Cool huh? 

 This is Amy Brown! I LOVE this girl. Seriously though, beyond having the most beautiful hair in this world, she is a spectacular woman and a great friend. This is us two standing on a hill with Bethlehem in the background and Shepherds Field in between. So beautiful. 

Oh man... what to say. AJ is the man. This kid knows more about everything than anyone else here. This would be us at a lookout point just south of the Old City in Jerusalem. This is generally known as the path that Abraham may have taken on his journey to sacrificing Isaac. 


Dome of the Rock anyone? Such a beautiful building built on such a beautiful Temple Mount in the Old City. 

This would be some members from my class. We are standing on the East side of the Kidron Valley overlooking the Garden of Gethsemane and then over the Kidron Valley to the Dome of the Rock and the Old City. 

Once again this is my amazing rookie Amy! LOVE HER. We are currently standing just south of Gideon. I cannot even express how cool it is to actually put a picture with the words of the scriptures. 

I had to post this because it was the best candid/model picture I have ever snapped. Lauren is BEAUTIFUL and I love her.
 Well that was the end of our field trip. It was such a wonderful day and I am so excited for the field trips ahead. 

Today, a bunch of us decided to run to town between classes. We went to the Pools of Bethesda. This location was truly beautiful. 

Melissa and Rachelle looking stunning as usual. (NOTE: See picture below...)

This is the actual excavated pool of Bethesda 

And then of course, I had to take some jumping pictures.... It wasn't hard to convince these three to have a little fun. (Rachelle, Alvin, and Melissa)


This is the one I was talking about earlier. These two are my favorite and they never leave a dull moment to be had. 

Alvin, me, and Mel Mel walking up the steps.

Today I ate my first Falafel! YUMMMM! Falafels are deep fried ground up chickpeas... doesn't sound that appetizing but trust me... THEY ARE! The place we went put them in a pita with veggies, some yummy red sauce and then fries! Oh man it was good! I definitely will be making mores Falafel stops along the way.


Well, that is all I have for today. I will add some more pictures in the near future! I am so grateful to be here in Jerusalem. I am often overwhelmed by the gratitude I feel for this opportunity. I cannot explain in words or by pictures the amazing place this is but I hope that you are getting a taste. Truly such a wonderful experience surrounded by the most wonderful people ever! (The 80 students, faculty, faculty families, staff, and people over here are some of the very best I have ever met!)

4 comments:

  1. Natalie! You are so good at posting I am so glad. It looks like you are having fun and enjoying your time in the Holy Land. And enjoying some GREAT FOOD...looks...delicious!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karee!!! I try so hard to keep up! It has already been such a wonderful experience! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay seriously the "honors class" that doesn't sound very nice? What about all of the other people in the other class? Don't you think you should love them like your equals?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie! Oh my goodness, what an amazing adventure!!!! Looks like you are having a grand time in a beautiful place! Love it and Love you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete